Application for the 2021 Thomson Foundation Journalist Award is Ongoing!
The Young Journalist Award – in partnership with the UK Foreign Press Association – is Thomson Foundation’s annual journalism competition dedicated to finding and inspiring ambitious journalists from across the globe.
About Thomson Foundation
Thomson Foundation was founded in 1962 as a media that works with media organizations, governments, civil society bodies, and commercial entities wishing to sponsor professional excellence in communications. With its headquarters in the United kingdom, the foundation is the world`s oldest international development organization.
The Thomson Foundation is committed to delivering affirmative change in media and communications as a way of improving public engagement and governance, with a 50-year history of training journalists in ethical standards and quality reporting.
Furthermore, the Thomson Foundation worker with partners in projects in different areas, managing a network of more than 200 media professionals and consultants with expertise in all aspects of the media and communications landscape It has three main areas of activity: Training; Strategic communications; Consultancy The foundation’s goal is to help every type of media to strive for excellence and to improve public engagement.
Requirements for Thomson Foundation Journalist Award
- AGE: Entrants must be 30 years of age or under on 29th November, 2021.
- LOCATION: For the purpose of this competition the “developing world” is defined as countries with a Gross National Income (GNI) of $20,000 or less. Entrants should be from a country that meets the GNI criteria and reporting from/in that country or, if not in their country of origination, in another country fitting the same GNI criteria
- PORTFOLIO: Each entrant should submit a portfolio of THREE published or broadcast pieces of work produced in the 12 months preceding 10th September, 2021 (the 12 months prior to the deadline for submissions)
- LANGUAGE: Entries can be in any language but should be accompanied by a verbatim English-language translation.
- VERIFICATION: Entries should be accompanied by a letter from the applicant’s current editor, on headed company notepaper verifying that it is the published work of the entrant.
How to Apply for Thomson Foundation Journalist Award
To apply for the ongoing Thomson Foundation Journalist Award is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started.
It is important to note that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for Thomson Foundation Journalist Award on or before September 10, 2021