The Yale Young African Scholars Programme brings together African secondary school students between the ages of 14–18 for a cost-free, intensive academic and residential program.
About Yale University
Yale University has existed for 319 years and was founded in 1701 which makes it the third-oldest university in the US. The institution is globally recognised for its exceptional academic achievements and world-leading research works.
In addition, the institution is a member of the prestigious Ivy League, a group of America’s most celebrated higher education institutions. The university has 14 affiliate schools and the third largest library in the united states.
More so, the university has produced prominent alumni five U.S. Presidents,30 living billionaires and many notable men and women and its the third-ranking leading university in the US.
Requirements for Yale Young African Scholars Programme
- Age: You must be at least 14 years old by application deadline (03 February 2022) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- English: You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- School location: You must currently attend school in an African country.
- Grade Level: You must be a current 11th grade student (or the international equivalent).
- Graduation date: If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2023. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2022 and no later than November/December 2023.
How to Apply for Yale Young African Scholars Programme
To apply for the ongoing Yale Young African Scholars Programme is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Yale Young African Scholars Programme on or before February 3, 2022