The established equitable multidisciplinary partnership between Africa, Asia and UK-based researchers as an international centre of research excellence, our goal is to end preventable stillbirths and newborn deaths, ensure adequate support for parents and families whose baby dies and reduce associated stigma.
The International Centre is offering a PhD scholarship for high performing students at the Women’s University in Africa.
About Women’s University in Africa
Women’s University in Africa is a profound private university located in Marondera, Zimbabwe and was founded in 2002. WUA offers various academic and non-academic opportunities for its students.
Furthermore, WUA is respected as an institution that strives to address issues that are vital to the girl child in Africa, the institution serves to tackle problems of gender disparity and foster equity. The university gives room for academic freedom for students both male and freedom.
Requirements for WUA / LSTM PhD Studentship
We are unable to accept applications from candidates from high-income countries as stipulated above. Nationality and location will be determined via the information provided within your application.
- Obtained (or expected to obtain) an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) and/or a master’s degree in a relevant subject (International qualifications need to be of equivalent standard, as defined by NARIC)
- OR in exceptional cases Professional registration (e.g. Midwife, Nurse or Allied Health Professional) and substantial, demonstrable work at postgraduate level (including research methods training) undertaken for the equivalent of one-year full time
The PhD programme at WUA is delivered in English and you must ensure that you meet WUA’s English language entry requirements so that you have the skills to pursue your chosen course of study successfully and can participate in all aspects of academic life.
PhD programmes will offer a combination of in-person and remote learning, to maximise flexibility but are offered on a full-time study basis. Therefore, students must also demonstrate in their application the time and commitment for PhD study:
- Full time hours availability for the three-year programme
- If seconded from employment, support, and approval from your employer for study time
- Consistent computer and IT access
- Internet connection, up to date windows software, webcam and microphone
How to Apply for the WUA / LSTM PhD Studentship
To apply for the ongoing WUA / LSTM PhD Studentship is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the WUA / LSTM PhD Studentship immediately they see this because there is no specified deadline.