The University of Pretoria in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation is currently offering scholarships to academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa.
The MCFSP full scholarship is open to high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program.
Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
About MasterCard Foundation
The MasterCard Foundation was founded in 2006, From inception, the company intended the Foundation to be an independent entity in order to create the opportunity for all to learn and prosper. The foundation promotes financial inclusion and advances youth learning in developing countries, primarily in Africa.
The MasterCard Foundation’s mission is to prioritize Africa and to provide programs that are serving more than 6 million people in 57 developing countries. Their funding and partnerships are concentrated in 26 countries in Africa and provide a combination of skills-building, education, employment, and access to financial services.
The foundation’s goal of the Economic Opportunities for Youth Program is to enable economically disadvantaged young people who are out of school, unemployed, or underemployed to transition into employment.
Requirements for University of Pretoria MasterCard Postgraduate Scholarships
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first-year students in the University
How to Apply for University of Pretoria MasterCard Postgraduate Scholarships
To apply for the ongoing University of Pretoria MasterCard Postgraduate Scholarships is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started.
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the ongoing University of Pretoria MasterCard Postgraduate Scholarships on or before October 31, 2021