United Nations Development Program invites outstanding eligible applicants for the Young Women Leaders Fellowship which is a 12-month fellowship to equip exceptional young African women.
About United Nations Development Program
UNDP mission is to help tackle the challenges and address the problems facing underdeveloped countries in order to reduce poverty, and nip in the bud the issue of inequalities and exclusion while on there other hand proffer solutions to sustainable development, democratic governance and peacebuilding
UNDP operates in about 171 countries and territories both at international and local levels.
Requirements for African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme
To be eligible for the UNDP-AU Women Leaders Fellowship, applicants must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Female candidates only.
- National of an African Union member state. Priority will be given to nationals of AU member states that did not benefit from the first cohort of the Fellowship Programme.
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- Maximum one year (post master) of relevant and paid working experience in research, analysis and programme/project development, implementation and management.
- Available in late 2021/early 2022 to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Available in 2021/22 to dedicate 12 months to a fellowship assignment.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence.
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and solutions.
How to Apply for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme
To apply for the ongoing African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme on or before September 14, 2021