The UNICEF Innovation Fund is looking to make up to $100K equity-free investments to provide early-stage finance to for-profit technology start-ups that have the potential to benefit humanity.
If you’ve got a startup using machine learning , data science , or artificial intelligence , registered in one of UNICEF’s program countries, and have a working, open-source prototype (or you are willing to make it open-source) showing promising results, the UNICEF Innovation Fund is looking for you.
About United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund
The United Nations Children`s Fund (UNICEF) formally known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946.
The organization was created to provide emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries that have been destroyed by world war II.
However, in 1950, UNICEF`s ordeal was extended to address the long-term needs of children and women in developing countries everywhere around the world. And since its establishment, UNICEF has worked to improve the lives of children and their families.
Requirements for the UNICEF Funding Opportunity
- Registered as a private company.
- Registered in a UNICEF program country.
- Working on open source technology solutions (or willing to be open source) under the following licenses or their equivalent: (i) for software, a BSD license, (ii) for hardware, a CERN license and (iii) a CC-BY license for design or content, a CC-BY license.
- An existing prototype of the open source solution with promising results from initial pilots.
- Solution has the potential to positively impact the lives of the most vulnerable children.
- Generating publicly exposed real-time data that is measurable.
How to Apply for the UNICEF Funding Opportunity
To apply for the ongoing UNICEF Funding Opportunity is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started.
It is important to note that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for UNICEF Funding Opportunity on or before August 2, 2021