TWAS Research and Advanced Training applications are open to young scientists in developing countries to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster links for further collaboration.
About The World Academy of Sciences
The World Academy of Sciences is a non-profit establishment that strives to develop innovations and inventions in science and engineering, TWAS encourages the sustainable growth through research in the developing world while responding to the need of young scientists that are still developing in science and technology.
Furthermore, TWAS has its headquarters in Trieste, Italy with various partners around the world that offer over 650 fellowships per year to scientists in the developing world who want to pursue a doctoral degree and postdoctoral research.
Requirements for TWAS Research and Advanced Training
- The fellowships are for research and advanced training. They are offered to young scientists holding at least an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Eligible applicants for the fellowships are young scientists working in any area of natural sciences who are citizens of a developing country and are employed by a research institution in a developing country
- There is no age limit. However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research career and those working in Least Developed Countries.
- Lists of possible host institutions divided by field are available here. These lists are only a suggestion and institutions that are not included are acceptable as long as they are in a developing country.
- Institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, are not eligible host institutions under this programme. Applicants interested in conducting a fellowship in China are required to check whether their chosen host is a CAS institute. For a complete list of CAS institutes, see: english.cas.cn/institutes/. Applicants wishing to attend a CAS institute should either apply to the CAS-TWAS President’s Postgraduate Fellowship Programme or consider the CAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral and Visiting Scholars from Developing Countries
How to Apply for the TWAS Research and Advanced Training
To apply for the ongoing TWAS Research and Advanced Training is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the TWAS Research and Advanced Training on or before October 1, 2021