About Sweden Umea University PhD:
Sweden Umea University PhD Position within Biochemistry – Autophagy Mechanisms 2019 is an student’s scholarship for PhD level in the field of Biochemistry at the Umeå University open for domestic and international students. It’s benefit include salary paid on a monthly basis according to the established salary level for doctoral employment.
- International and local students are eligible.
- Award is exclusively for Biochemistry – Autophagy mechanisms.
- To be admitted for studies at the third-cycle level you are required to have completed a second-cycle level degree, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level or have an equivalent education from abroad or equivalent qualifications.
- To fulfil the specific entry requirements to be admitted for studies at the third-cycle level in chemistry, you are required to have completed first-cycle courses of at least 90 ECTS credits within the field of chemistry or another subject considered to be directly relevant to the specialization in question. Of those 90 ECTS credits, at least 15 ECTS credits shall have been acquired at the second-cycle level within the specialization or an equivalent subject.
- Very good language skills in English, both spoken and written, is required.
- Experiences in cell imaging, western blotting, molecular cloning, siRNA, CRISPR-Cas, and/or protein expression and protein purification are strong merits.
Scholarship Application Procedure:
A complete application should contain the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter including a description of your qualifications, research interests and motivation for applying (max 2 pages)
- Copies of degree certificates or equivalent, including documentation of completed academic courses and obtained grades
- Name and contact information of at least two referees
Applications must be submitted via the e-recruitment system.
For further information you are welcome to contact Professor Yaowen Wu, E-mail: [email protected] Website: http://www.chemistry.umu.se/english/research/group-leaders/yaowen-wu/
Application Deadline: September 3, 2018
Be among the first to know whenever new Sweden Scholarships is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓