About the Peter Zelas Postgraduate Research Awards:
The Peter Zelas Postgraduate Research Awards is a partial funding award of Western Sydney University for Masters and PhD level programs in the field of Medicine for Domestic and International students as well.
Peter Zelas Postgraduate Research Awards in Australia, 2021-22 is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at .
The Western Sydney University will cover all study expenses as outlined:
- Domestic candidates will receive a tax-free stipend of $30,000(AUD) per annum for up to 3 years to support living costs, supported by the Research Training Program (RTP) Fee Offset.
- International candidates will receive a tax-free stipend of $30,000(AUD) per annum for up to 3 years to support living costs. Those with a strong track record will be eligible for a tuition fee waiver.
- Support for conference attendance, fieldwork, and additional costs as approved by the School.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- Applicants of all nationalities can apply.
- Applicant must hold qualifications and experience equal to one of the following (i) an Australian First Class Bachelor (Honours) degree, (ii) coursework Masters with at least 25% research component, (iii) a Research Masters degree, or (iv) equivalent overseas qualifications.
- Applicant must demonstrate strong academic performance in disciplines relevant to medical education and training.
- Applicant must be willing to travel in Western Sydney and potentially rural Western New South Wales (NSW), Australia.
Awards are issued periodically throughout the year, and each release contains specific application dates and eligibility criteria. For taking this opportunity as a new applicant, you need to submit your application in two steps as the following:
- Step 1: Candidates must take admission in the masters or doctoral degree at the university
- Step2: Follow the step-by-step instructions on the how to apply for a project scholarship page and follow the steps to apply for admission via the portal.