United States International University-Africa in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program to provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
This seeks to support African youths facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
About MasterCard Foundation
The MasterCard Foundation was founded in 2006, From inception, the company intended the Foundation to be an independent entity in order to create the opportunity for all to learn and prosper.
The foundation promotes financial inclusion and advances youth learning in developing countries, primarily in Africa.
The MasterCard Foundation’s mission is to prioritize Africa and to provide programs that are serving more than 6 million people in 57 developing countries.
Their funding and partnerships are concentrated in 26 countries in Africa and provide a combination of skills-building, education, employment, and access to financial services.
Requirements for Mastercard/USIU-Africa Scholarship Program
Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent:Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership
How to Apply for the Mastercard/USIU-Africa Scholarship Program
To apply for the ongoing Mastercard/USIU-Africa Scholarship Program is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Mastercard/USIU-Africa Scholarship Program on or before October 1, 2021