Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is offering an undergraduate program to interested and eligible international students who wish to study at Japanese universities.
About Japanese Government
The central government of Japan in partnership with the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology aims to foster human relations and diverse international collaboration in education under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program for undergraduate, research, masters and PhD programs.
Requirements for MEXT Scholarship
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions.
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
- Age: Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after April 2, 1997. However, applicants who satisfy the conditions for Academic Background stipulated below must be 18 years of age or older at the time of admission to a university in Japan, however, there are a number of exception.
- Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must have a secondary education or equivalent.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan before and after arriving in Japan.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Additional Eligibility: It is important that you refer to the application guide for detailed and comprehensive eligibility conditions for the program.
How to Apply for the MEXT Scholarship
To apply for the ongoing MEXT Scholarship is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the MEXT Scholarship immediately after they see this post because there is no specified deadline.