I Tatti – The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies and the German Historical Institute in Rome offer a joint residential fellowship for post-doctoral scholars working on African studies (or topics that closely consider Africa)
The Fellowship is a ten-month position to conduct historical research in Italy supported by two institutes with dynamic academic communities.
About I Tatti
I Tatti The Harvard Center for Italian Renaissance Studies, is a hub for advanced research in the study of early modern culture and humanities located in Florence, Italy, and belongs to Harvard University.
The research centre focuses on the transnational dialogues between Italy and other cultures, more so it houses a collection of Italian primitives, and of Chinese and Islamic art with a collection of 250,000 photographs.
Requirements for I Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship
We welcome applications from scholars of all nationalities.
- Special consideration will be given to scholars from the African continent.
- Applicants must have their PhD certificate in hand by the time they apply and will be asked to upload a scan of it when submitting their application. (If the certificate is not in English, please include a translation.)
- Applicants must be fluent in English, Italian, German, or French, and proficient in an additional one of these languages.
- Each successful candidate must be approved by both institutions. It must be possible for Fellows to carry out most of their research with the resources available in the city where they are resident.
- The Fellow will be expected to carry out original research on the topic for which they have been awarded their fellowship. Priority will be given to applicants with no previous association with the two institutes.
How to Apply for Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship
To apply for the ongoing Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started.
It is important to note that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Tatti/DHI Rom Joint Fellowship on or before November 15, 2021