The HB Antwerp Innovation Lab prepares soon-to-be graduates with skills for the engineering and technology industry. The programme will include an intensive month-long virtual core programme, followed by two months of virtual support and mentorship.
Participants in the programme will also improve their skillsets, including innovation and intrapreneurship; gain a greater understanding of the practical implications of engineering, and enhance their confidence in public speaking and networking. Our core learning pillars include innovation, leadership and entrepreneurship.
WomEng is a multi-award-winning social enterprise developing high-skilled girls and women for the engineering and technology industries. WomEng core philosophy is the promotion of STEM, focusing on engineering and technology from primary school to industry. We believe that cognitive and behavioral skills are vital for the engineering workforce.
WomEng provides bespoke advisory and consulting to their partners and uses technology to scale high. WomEng personals are the experts at helping our partners achieve gender parity in their engineering talent pipelines. Beyond these skills, it is important for girls and women to have mentorship and leadership development opportunities to create a virtuous cycle of women participating in STEM fields.
The programme also aims to support the economy of Botswana, fostering long-term talent development and brand exposure for new graduates and mid-career engineers, while furthering gender parity in the diamond industry. Additionally, HB Antwerp aims to extend job offers to some of the participants upon completion of the programme.
Requirements for HB Antwerp Innovation Lab Training
- Applications are open to students of any gender
- Applicants must be citizens of Botswana
- Applicants must be studying full-time towards an engineering tertiary level qualification at a university or university of technology in Botswana or neighbouring countries with the vision to remain or return to Botswana for full-time work.
- Applicants must be in their penultimate to final year i.e. 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be able to commit 3 – 5 hours per week in September 2021 for the core virtual program. This will be followed by a support programme in October – November 2021 requiring an average time commitment of 1 – 2 hours a week.
How to Apply for Requirements for HB Antwerp Innovation Lab Training
To apply for the ongoing HB Antwerp Innovation Lab Training is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started.
It is important to note that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for HB Antwerp Innovation Lab Training on or before August 2, 2021