Scholarship Title: Graduate School of Education International Fellowships in Egypt
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Institution: The American University in Cairo (AUC)
Founded in 1919, The American University in Cairo (AUC) is an American-accredited institution of higher education.
As it stands, more than 16,000 students enroll in non-credit courses offered through The American University in Cairo School of Continuing Education every year.
The Graduate School of Education is taking an initiative to support students through its International Fellowship at American University in Cairo.
This opportunity is still open for the academic year 2020/2021. Students are given the opportunity to work with faculty members on their research and other professional work.
Graduate School of Education Fellowships
The Graduate School of Education (GSE) contributes to education reform by providing the theoretical, applied and technical assistance components needed to build professionals in the education system who are applying for Masters of Arts in the international and comparative education and Education Leadership (MA) with concentrations in School Leadership and Higher Education.
Apart from the partial tuition support that students stand to benefit from this award, the highly competitive Graduate School of Education fellowship will provide students with the opportunity of working alongside faculty member on their research and other professional related work.
Below is the summary of what this award entails.
- University: American University in Cairo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Awards: Tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Egypt and international students
- The award can be taken in Egypt
- Eligible Countries: Egypt and international countries
- Acceptable/Open Course(s) or Subject(s): Master of Arts in international and comparative education
To take advantage of this opportunity, candidates must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must register in a minimum of two graduate semesters
- For continuing student to main the award given by the fellowship, the student must maintain a minimum of 3.2 GPA
- Student must demonstrate potential academic qualifications, professional experience
- Financial need
One semester subject to review every semester for satisfactory academic and research performance.
Below are the benefits you stand to gain when you enroll and qualify for this award.
- Partial tuition fees; maximum of three credits per semester.
- May cover remedial English courses and other pre-requisite or intro courses too
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned eight hours per week of related research work in support of their professional training.
- This work is to provide research in support of GSE scholarly interests and provide professional development and research mentorship to fellows
- A one time teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
- How to Apply: The candidate will have to admit to an eligible master course at the American University in Cairo before the admission deadline. You will also need to fill out an online application form to apply for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents are mandatory with the application for admission: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: for new graduate degree-seeking students, satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements.
- Language requirements: English language is mandatory and students need to demonstrate that they have a strong level of written and spoken English.
Application Deadline: November 3, 2020
Subscribe to Free Scholarship Alerts!
Get access to Fully Funded Scholarship In any country of your choice. Enter your email below and click sign up now. Remember information is power!