The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme is designed to promote foreign language education and promote international exchange at the local level through the fostering of ties between Japanese youth and youths from other nationals.
About Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme
The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program was established to enhance the cooperation and internationalisation between Japanese youths and youths around the globe through working in government offices in Japan, boards of education and schools.
More so, the JET program offers an exceptional opportunity to interact with people from all around the world while living and working in Japan, over 56 countries are participants of the program and has sent more than 71,000 people from different nationals into various working sectors.
Requirements for Exchange and Teaching Programme
As part of the general criteria, applicants must:
- Be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their knowledge and appreciation of Japan after their arrival; be motivated to participate in and initiate international exchange activities in the local community; make effort to study or continue studying the Japanese language prior to and after arriving in Japan.
- Be both mentally and physically healthy.
(3) Be willing and able to adapt to living and working in Japan, and be determined to responsibly complete their period of participation.
(4) Applicants for the ALT position must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or obtain such qualifications by the designated arrival date (applicants for the ALT position may alternatively hold a certification of completion of a 3-year course to teach at primary/elementary or secondary schools or obtain such qualification(s) by the designated arrival date).
(5) Be a national (not just a permanent resident) of the country where the recruitment and selection procedures take place by the time they submit their application form. Furthermore, thosewho possess Japanese nationality must have submitted their applications to renounce theirJapanese nationality before submitting their Reply Form. Applicants who possess multiple nationalities with countries other than Japan may only apply as a national of one of those countries.
(6) Be adept in contemporary standard pronunciation, rhythm and intonation in the designated language (see Note 4) and possess excellent language ability that can be applied accurately and appropriately; have the ability to form sentences in a comprehensive and logical manner.
How to Apply for the Exchange and Teaching Programme
To apply for the ongoing Exchange and Teaching Programme is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Exchange and Teaching Programme on or before October 29, 2021