Google News Initiative Startups Lab Europe applications are open to supporting high-quality reporting for local communities, single-topic audiences and/or previously underserved communities. GNI, Media Lab and the EJC have built a six-month program specifically tailored to the needs of content startups in Europe.
About Google News Initiative
The GNI Startups Lab Europe in collaboration with other organizations such as European Journalism Centre, German media innovation hub Media Lab Bayern have assembled to assist journalists to navigate the challenges of monetisation,to guild them on how to better understand their audience and to create a high-resolution video, audio and text from a network of international mentors and talented experts.
Requirements for Google News Initiative Startups Qualification
You can apply if you:
- Are based in one of the following European countries: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom;
- Are independently owned and operated;
- Produce original content that is primarily available on a digital platform(s);
- Have been operating for at least six months;
- Earn less than $ 500,000 per year in gross revenue;
- Can demonstrate some successes on the path to sustainability. Examples include increased site visits, a growing membership program or increased earned revenue
How to Apply for the Google News Initiative Startups
To apply for the ongoing Google News Initiative Startups is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Google News Initiative Startups on or before September 20, 2021