The Young Talents from Africa Prize is aimed to encourage new emerging African researchers by offering them the opportunity to attend a PhD course in collaboration with prestigious Italian universities and research institutes.
ENI is an internationally renowned Italian energy company and a major dealer particularly in petrochemicals, petroleum and natural gas. Founded in 1953 and located in Itay Milan it is one of Europe`s largest oil companies in terms of supply and sales and it has its headquarters in Rome. More so ENI has provided job opportunities for over 32,000 people and operates in more than 68 counties.
Requirements for the Eni Award Qualification
- Candidates must own a Master’s degree or any equivalent – according to the European system – academic qualification, granting access to a PhD course in an Italian university. The theses must have been defended at an African University during the same year of the annual Official Announcement, or in the precedent year.
- The Prize is awarded to students born in or after the year 1991.
- The Prize is reserved to students graduated in an African university and of African citizenship, coming from one of the 58 African countries listed in the World Population Prospects: The 2015 Revision, compiled by the United Nations.
- The thesis and the curriculum vitae – which will prevail in the evaluation of the candidate – must be submitted together with a research proposal in connection with the Eni Award main topics and highlighting the potential benefits of the proposal in a country, in an African region or in the whole African continent.
The main topics covered by the Eni Award are: action against water, air and land pollution, prevention of climate warming and pollution, rehabilitation and reuse of industrial sites; renewable energy and energy storage; innovative use of hydrocarbons and of the energy efficiency as a bridge to the decarbonisation of the energy system.
- The research proposal must explicit topics, methodologies and disciplinary areas suitable for the realization of the submitted project. The information provided by the candidate in the research proposal will be used in order to identify PhD courses as coherent as possible with it.
How to Apply for the Eni Award
To apply for the ongoing Eni Award is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Eni Award on or before November 6, 2021