American University is a private institution, that was founded in 2004. The renowned university is located in Washington, D.C., United States. With powerful alumni such as Robert Byrd, Jordan Belfort (Know as the The Wolf of Wall Street) and Andre Ingram. just to name a few….
The American University have an acceptance rate of 32% and a graduation rate of 81% . Definitely an intuition that will help you with your career goal.
They are currently giving out a $4,000 scholarships to international students. Keep reading for details
Scholarship Title: Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Institution: American University
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
- Top 5 Reasons To Study In Russia
- 5 Perfect Reasons To Study In Switzerland
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Study In Spain
- Top 50 Best Universities in China
- 7 Key Reasons Why You Should Study In China
- Top 10 Best Universities In Sweden
- 7 Perfect Reasons To Study In Sweden
- Top 10 Best Universities In The UK
- Top 10 Best Universities In Canada
- How To Apply For A Canadian Student Visa (5 Proven Steps)
- Top 10 Best Student Cities In The World
- 7 Powerful Places To Study Abroad For Free
- 10 Most Affordable Cities For Students In The World
- Top 7 Reasons to Study in Japan
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following: 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; or 120+ Duolingo
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2021.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2021.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
– You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
– You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
– You graduated secondary school earlier than 2019.
To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by 15 December 2020 (priority deadline) or by 15 January 2021 at the latest. AU EGLS applicants must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2021. Do not apply Early Decision (ED).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Subscribe to Free Scholarship Alerts!
Get access to Fully Funded Scholarship In any country of your choice. Enter your email below and click sign up now. Remember information is power!