The Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work is designed to acknowledge and award young people aged 15 – 29 in the Commonwealth who are spearheading impactful, sustainable development work in their communities.
About The Commonwealth
The Commonwealth of nations often described as the family of nations was established in 1926 and founded by the Parliament of the United Kingdom with its headquarters situated in London, United Kingdom.
The organization is an association of 54 countries working towards shared goals of prosperity, democracy, and peace.
The Commonwealth works to develop society, young people including gender equality, education, health, and sport to support democracy, government, and rule of law. The organization is home to 2.4billon people in both advanced economies and developing countries.
Requirements for Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Qualification
- The nominee must have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- The nominee must be a Commonwealth citizen and the development work must be taking place in a Commonwealth member country;
- The nominee should not be older than 29 years of age on 31 December 2021;
- Individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can accurately describe their development work; and
- Winners must agree to take part in publicity generated by the Commonwealth
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development
To apply for the ongoing Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development on or before October 17, 2021