The Commonwealth Scholarships applications are now open for Masters and PhD students from developing Commonwealth countries to study in the UK, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
About The Commonwealth
The Commonwealth of nations often described as the family of nations was established in 1926 and founded by the Parliament of the United Kingdom with its headquarters situated in London, United Kingdom.
The organization is an association of 54 countries working towards shared goals of prosperity, democracy, and peace.
The Commonwealth works to develop society, young people including gender equality, education, health, and sport to support democracy, government, and rule of law. The organization is home to 2.4billon people in both advanced economies and developing countries.
Requirements for Commonwealth Mandela Scholarship
To apply for Commonwealth Scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022
- By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or in your home country before September 2022
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Mandela Scholarship
To apply for the ongoing Commonwealth Mandela Scholarship is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Commonwealth Mandela Scholarship on or before November 1, 2021