The Nelson Mandela-Graça Machel Innovation Awards applications are open for high calibre individuals, the innovation awards aim to acknowledge seven individuals, groups or organisations that are exceptional in their work towards the achievement of human rights and social justice.
Civicus is situated in South Africa, with its headquarters in Johannesburg. Civicus is a non-governmental organization that works as a global alliance committed to promoting citizen action and civil societies around the world.
Civicus is dedicated to striving towards the achievement of human rights, equality and social justice, the organization operates in over 175 countries and has over 5000 members all working to promote civil society through protest and social movements, voluntary bodies, campaigning organisations, charities, faith-based groups, trade unions and philanthropic foundations.
Requirements for CIVICUS Nelson Mandela-Graça Machel Innovation Awards
To be eligible for the Nelson Mandela-Graca Machel Innovation Awards 2021, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- You are 18 years or older by 1st September 2021.
- You are able to submit an application in English, French or Spanish.
- You are both a national and resident from the following regions: Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Pacific.
- You work with organisations, networks, movements or change-seeking communities at the local or national level.
- You belong to the same community whose issues you are trying to address.
- You have worked to build people power in your community for at least 2-years.
- For individual applicants: you belong to an organization, network, movement or change-seeking community that would ultimately benefit from the Award.
- You are not/ have not received funding from CIVICUS in the past 2-years.
- Your work/ the proposed initiative relates directly to one of the following topics:
- You are currently implementing one of the following proposed initiatives: Building and sustaining social justice movements; Creating positive narratives for people power; Democratising global governance systems and processes; Enhancing diversity and inclusion through activism; Protecting and promoting digital civic space; Resourcing youth-led groups and movements; Sustaining people power through self- and community care.
How to Apply for CIVICUS Nelson Mandela-Graça Machel Innovation Awards
To apply for the ongoing CIVICUS Nelson Mandela-Graça Machel Innovation Awards is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the CIVICUS Nelson Mandela-Graça Machel Innovation Awards on or before September 20, 2021