Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Location: United Kingdom
Chevening UK Government Scholarship to study in the United Kingdom application for 2021/2022 are now open.
Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that is focused on offering future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. This scholarship programme is available to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one –year master degree in the UK.
Chevening scholarships are fully-funded, which means you don’t need to worry about tuition fees throughout your one year program.
During your stay and study in the UK for a year, you will be free to focus on achieving your academic goals, develop professionally and academically grow your network, enjoy the experience of a lifetime, experience UK culture, and build strong relationships with the UK.
Benefits of Chevening Scholarships
Chevening scholarships are fully-funded, which means you stand to benefit the following;
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- Obtain a travel grant to attend Chevening events in UK
To take advantage of the Chevening UK Government Scholarships, you must meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Candidates are to return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Candidates have to complete all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time they submit their application.
- Candidates are to have at least two years of work experience which is equivalent to 2,800 hours.
- Candidates are to apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of the universities they choose by July 15, 2021
Candidates are not eligible for the scholarship program if the:
- Candidate holds a British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong that is when you can be eligible for the scholarship).
- Candidate holds refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Candidates who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Candidate has previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
In order to be eligible, you need to choose full-time courses and;
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Not research-focused MRes programmes (i.e. taught master’s programmes)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
Courses cannot be:
- Distance learning
- Less than nine months in duration
- More than 12 months in duration
- PhD or DPhil
- Taught outside the UK with more than one month of study
Click here to find available courses.
In order to apply for Chevening scholarships, you need to visit the application page, find the awards available in your country, or you can simply select your country of citizenship and the type of opportunity you want (either scholarship or fellowship).
Subscribe to Free Scholarship Alerts!
Get access to Fully Funded Scholarship In any country of your choice. Enter your email below and click sign up now. Remember information is power!