The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowships focus on mid-career academics or professionals committed to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilization of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards program is driven towards developing global leaders. Since 1983, about 60,000 professionals have studied in the UK through Chevening. Funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and partner organizations.
Furthermore, Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers worldwide to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Requirements for Chevening CIS Abdullah Gül Fellowships
The Chevening OCIS Abdullah Gül Fellowship is available to applicants from Turkey.
To be eligible for a Chevening OCIS Fellowship, you must:
- Demonstrate the potential to rise to a position of leadership and influence
- Demonstrate the personal, intellectual and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential
- Be a citizen of Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan
- Return to country of your citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Hold a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application
- Have significant professional and/or academic research experience (at least five years)
- Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Awards
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship
- Not be an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee (since July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, the Ministry of Defence, and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
How to Apply for Chevening CIS Abdullah Gül Fellowships
To apply for the ongoing Chevening CIS Abdullah Gül Fellowships is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started.
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the ongoing Chevening CIS Abdullah Gül Fellowships on or before November 3, 2021