The Chevening British Library Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and the British Library, offering international experts a year-long professional project-based placement.
Fellows will have the privilege of working with the extensive library’s collections and benefit from the broad range of professional expertise of library staff.
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards program is driven towards developing global leaders. Since 1983, about 60,000 professionals have studied in the UK through Chevening. Funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and partner organizations.
Furthermore, Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers worldwide to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Requirements for Chevening British Library Fellowship
- Demonstrate the potential to rise to positions of leadership and influence
- Demonstrate that you possess the personal, intellectual, and interpersonal attributes reflecting this potential.
- Be a citizen of the above-listed countries.
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Have significant professional and/or academic research experience (at least five years).
- Be currently employed or a currently enrolled PhD candidate (PhD must not be with a UK/EU or USA university).
- Provide evidence of meeting at least the minimum English language abilities for Chevening Awards.
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship.
- Not be an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
How to Apply for the Chevening British Library Fellowship
To apply for the ongoing Chevening British Library Fellowship is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Chevening British Library Fellowship on or before November 2, 2021