The Berkeley Undergraduate Prize for Design Excellence Essay Competition application is open for suitably qualified candidates.
About Berkeley Prize
The Berkeley Prize competition was established to show more light to architects in training on the importance of the smallest act of building and its implications and impact in the social, cultural, and psychological life of both the individual and society at large.
The Berkeley Prize Competition was established in 1998 and it has a well-structured committee of scholars leading in their respective fields that selects a topic critical to the investigation of the social art of architecture.
Requirements for Essay Competition
- Open to all current full-time registered students in an undergraduate architecture degree program or undergraduates majoring in architecture in accredited schools of architecture worldwide. Diploma in Architecture students who have not yet completed their Diploma are also eligible.
- This year’s special team opportunity urges and recommends that you team with a full-time undergraduate social sciences student at your college or university or equally-accredited college or university in your local community in which you reside. Two students maximum may collaborate. Both of their names must appear on their Proprosal and potential Essay. If awarded a prize, the prize is to be equally shared.
- If you are an undergradute architecture student who wishes to submit a Proposal and potential Essay without the equal work of a social science team member, you are permitted to do so and submit as an individual. This year, however, you are not permitted to team with another architecture student.
- Essays must be submitted in English.
- Finalists will be required to provide proof of current registration in the form of copies of actual school transcripts. You are still eligible to compete if you were an undergraduate student on September 15, 2021, but graduate before the awards are scheduled to be given.
How to Apply for the Essay Competition
To apply for the ongoing Essay Competition is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Essay Competition on or before November 1, 2021