The Beit Trust is offering a number of Postgraduate scholarships for research and studies abroad to scholars from Malawi, Zimbabwe and Zambia.
The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Masters or PhD Scholarships abroad for studies or research to graduates who are domiciled.
About Beit Trust
The Beit Trust is a humanitarian organization that supports communities in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi, the organization is dedicated to improving the health, education, transport, social welfare and conversation in the region.
The Beit Trust has provided over £2.5 million a year in grants to the region and has funded hundreds of projects, including hospitals, clinics, care homes, schools and libraries.
Requirements for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
The process for applying for a Beit Trust Masters & PhD Scholarships is as follows:
- Only nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi, who are also resident in and intend to return to those countries, are eligible to apply;
- Applications should be for a one-year taught Master’s Degree (to UK universities); and a two-year taught Master’s in South Africa;
- Applications should be made directly to the partner universities listed above, and only to those universities, via their websites and in the period beginning September 2022 (although some application windows do not open until October. Their websites will guide you);
- As long as the courses you wish to pursue are available, you may apply to more than one partner university at a time. Indeed, we recommend you do so, to increase your chances of acceptance, and to broaden the scholarship opportunities available;
- Once you have an offer from your chosen partner university, you should apply as early as possible to The Beit Trust for a scholarship. When the new application window opens, there will be a linked application form here;
- The Trust will then sift and shortlist the most qualified, for interview by our national selection boards in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
- Resources are limited and the scholarship process competitive. Not all those interviewed will necessarily be selected for a Scholarship. But an interview is essential to selection;
- The Trust will notify those selected for interview of the date, time and place;
- The Trust will give particular weight to those who have work or other professional experience; have demonstrated a capacity to become leaders in their field; are reading for a degree of direct and practical relevance to the development of their country; and whose stated intention is to return to their country at the completion of their degree.
How to Apply for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
To apply for the ongoing Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships on or before February 11, 2022