African Union Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program applications are open for interested and qualified African graduates which aims at identifying and deploying highly competent tech innovators to African Union Headquarters.
About African Union
The African Union is an intergovernmental established in 1999 to replace the Organization of African Unity, the organization was established solely to champion solidarity and unity among African African states, to promote economic development and international cooperation.
The African Union strives to attain the territorial integrity and independence of its member states in order to facilitate political and economic integration within the African continent.
The AU’s headquarters are in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Requirements for Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program
- Be based in Africa and must be a National of an African Union member state;
- Be under the age of 34 prior to the time of application;
- Hold a tertiary education degree or its equivalent;
- Have the capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and the ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and proffer solutions;
- Have experience and technical know-how in designing innovative technology products/solutions;
- Be available to travel in late October 2021 to participate in an induction workshop during the AfriLabs Annual Gathering in Abuja, Nigeria;
- Be available and willing to dedicate 12 months from November 2021 to September 2022. Fellows will be required to take a break from current obligations and relocate to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in November 2021.
- Applicants who speak more than one AU official language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish and Swahili) are strongly advised to apply.
How to Apply for the Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program
To apply for the ongoing Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Digital and Innovation Fellowship Program on or before October 4, 2021