The African Union, African Youth Ambassadors For Peace internship is aimed to champion youth participation in peace and security issues at the regional level and across Africa.
About African Union
The African Union is an intergovernmental established in 1999 to replace the Organization of African Unity, the organization was established solely to champion solidarity and unity among African African states, to promote economic development and international cooperation.
The African Union strives to attain the territorial integrity and independence of its member states in order to facilitate political and economic integration within the African continent.
The AU’s headquarters are in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Requirements for AYAP Qualification
An African Youth with demonstrated commitment and significant contribution to the promotion of sustainable peace and security. Applications from eligible youth including young women, displaced persons and persons with disabilities who meet the following criteria are particularly encouraged:
- Be between the ages of 15 to 35 in tandem with the AU Youth age;
- Possess university degree in international relations, peace and conflict, political science, law and related areas; a master’s degree would be an added advantage; or
- Have at least 2 years experience in peace and security with demonstrated ability for advocacy on youth, peace and security issues as well as resource mobilization;
- Have experience in promoting and supporting peace processes especially in initiating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues and mediation efforts;
- Have a strong track record with the local community/area where he/she works;
- Possess strong communication and advocacy skills;
- English, French, Arabic, Portuguese are the working languages of the AU. Fluency in any AU working language is required; knowledge of another AU language would be an asset.
How to Apply for the AYAP Qualification
To apply for the ongoing AYAP Qualification is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started.
It is important to note that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the AYAP Qualification on or before September 30, 2021