Successful candidates will be part of a networked cohort of highly skilled applied epidemiologists who are able to work with National Public Health Institutes and National Ministry of Health Departments to improve their levels of preparedness, field surveillance, and response to disease outbreaks within the Eastern Africa region.
About African Population and Health Research Center
The African Population and Health Research Center has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and its serves as a pan African research institution that conducts research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues across Africa.
APHRC is involved in numerous research capacity-strengthening initiatives and partnerships with top African universities and research institutions.
Requirements for APHRC MSc Fellowship
- Holder of a first degree with a background in health sciences, (nursing, medicine, public health, laboratory science, biostatistics, environmental health)
- Early to mid-career health worker based in any of the Eastern Africa Region countries of Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Réunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Somaliland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe, and working in a field relevant to epidemiology, biostatistics, public health and/or public health informatics.
- Affiliation to a National Public Health Institute or Ministry of Health institution that is willing to support the applicant to carry out research work in the area of epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Must meet admission requirements for the Master of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics program at JOOUST or the Master of Public Health in Applied Epidemiology program at AMIU (students admitted into either of the two programs in 2021 are also encouraged to apply for the Epi-fellowship).
- Be prepared to accept the Epi-fellowship on January 14, 2022.
How to Apply for the APHRC MSc Fellowship
To apply for the ongoing APHRC MSc Fellowship is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the APHRC MSc Fellowship on or before October 29, 2021