Applications are now open for PhD candidates from universities in African countries to participate in the AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowship Programme focused on Innovation and Development.
Africalics is a flagship organization designed to improve the collaboration between researchers policy-makers and practitioners in all parts of Africa as well as with partners in the South more generally and with partners in the North.
The organization aims to support African scholars, especially early career researchers, to produce research in the field of innovation studies that are at the global frontier and is relevant to resolving developmental challenges of African communities.
Requirements for PhD Visiting Fellowships
Applicants for the AfricaLics PhD visiting fellowship programme should:
- Be enrolled as a PhD student at a university in Africa.
- Have completed their first year of studies by December 2021
- Have a background (BSc, MSc etc.) within Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Science and Technology Policy, Geography, History or Development Studies. Applicants may also work within the STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) subjects or even manufacturing but from a social science perspective.
- Possess adequate skills in English (documentation may be requested).
- Be working actively on a subject relevant to the field of innovation and development as defined above.
- Submit a brief application 1 page/500 words explaining own background, motivation for applying and expected outcomes of participation in the AfricaLics PhD visiting fellowship programm.
How to Apply for the PhD Visiting Fellowships
To apply for the ongoing PhD Visiting Fellowships is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the PhD Visiting Fellowships on or before October 15, 2021